Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Groundhog Shadow = MORE Snow for Deep Creek Lake, Garrett County

    Thank you to Phil winter will remain winter and chances are that means more snow. There are of course all the traditional snowy activities but here is a twist.

I was spending some time with a friends kids the other day and "what are we going to do now?' became the catch phrase. I remembered snow painting. With acres of blank canvas and few supplies needed I knew we had a plan. Some items you will need include.
  • Food Coloring
  • Shampoo, squirt or mist bottles,
  • Water
  • Imagination
    This can be an educational time to explain primary colors and such or just a good time. I would imagine Super Soakers would work pretty well or plain buckets for a more Jackson Pollock feel.  As a big fan of night hiking this may be a fun event to create one evening and return the next morning for the grand reveal. Send me a picture of your outing. If you need a place to paint browse my website Selling Deep Creek to find your own natural studio.